Monday, February 06, 2006

Winter Olympics??

Huh, does anyone care that the Winter Olympics will begin Feb 10th? I'm not overly excited about watching any olympic events this year. Maybe hockey, figure skating and uh...oh yeah speed skating. Storylines of interest....I suppose Michelle Kwan's quest for gold and perhaps Bode Miller. I imagine that the olympics mean much more to those from other countries. I can't imagine that many Americans go crazy about their olympic athletes. I'm sure once the games begin I'll develop an interest in the games. I'll probably Tivo a few events. Even as I write this, I'm gaining interest. In fact, I wonder what will happen in the bobsled and skeleton events. We'll see once the games begin. The NFL is over with for a month or so. Spring training will begin in a few weeks and in a month the World Baseball Classic begins. The NBA and NHL seasons are moving into the second halves of their seasons so the playoff pushes will swing into motion. So the winter olympics will have the window of opportunity to capture the interest of America for the two weeks or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home