Friday, January 13, 2006

Weekend Picks

Well, it's almost time for the weekend round of NFL playoff games. So here are my picks:

I'll start with the easy one, Indy over the Steelers. Other than fans of the Steelers, I don't know anyone picking the Steelers to win. Both these teams met earlier in the year and Indy opened a can of you know what on Pittsburgh. Indy rolls 31-10.

I'm taking New England over Denver. I'll ride Golden Boy Tom Brady until he loses. Jake Plummer has played well this year but New England's defense will pressure him to no end and we'll all see the old Jake Plummer. Brady will improve to 11-0, which will set up another rematch between New England and Indianapolis. NE win 24-7.

The next two games I have no idea what to expect but I'll give it a shot. I believe the Seahawks will beat out a tough Washington team. Seattle is too tough at home, has more offense and will pound Shaun Alexander. I usually like to pick the strong defensive team but in this case, home field advantage means everything. Seattle is undefeated at home and the playoff losing streak for Seattle ends now. Seahawks win 24-20.

The game between Chicago and Carolina is an absolute toss up for me, but I'm taking Carolina. They were the sexy pick at the beginning of the season to go to the Super bowl and they are hot right now. This game will be a defensive struggle but the big play will win this game. Both teams will grind this game out running the ball and playing extremely good defense. Carolina has the x-factor in Steve Smith and I think one huge play from him will be the difference. Carolina holds on to win 13-10.

There you have it. Those are my picks and I'm stick to it. I'm 4-0 so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home